VSA are looking to grow our Business Systems Team. We have started our transformational digital journey and with great strides to date, we are looking to welcome a new Business Analyst to further help us achieve our goals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to help us deliver this exciting programme of work. The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to understand existing processes and try and find solutions and implement them through effective stakeholder engagement
You will be a self-driven individual with a get it done mentality, that has a passion for helping organisations solve complex business and technology problems.
You will need to be a confident communicator with strong influencing, negotiation and problem solving skills, and have worked in a Business analyst/administrator role.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to help make a difference and help drive efficiencies in a non-profit organisation. During current circumstances, remote working is essential, with a return to the head office – Castle Street in due course.
Why work for VSA
Company Pension Scheme
Enhanced Sick Pay
In house training & Continuous Development
Attractive annual leave entitlement
Business Systems Analyst
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to enable change at VSA by analysing our processes, defining our needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to our stakeholders.
The Business Analyst will help bridge the gap between IT and the rest of the organisation and ensure we can articulate our needs and the rationale for change, and then help design and describe the solutions that deliver the most value.
- Understanding business needs and processes across the organisation
- Business process modelling and improving business processes, consulting with the business stakeholders to understand and evaluate the impacts of change, documenting as is/to be process models
- Gathering, identifying and documenting business requirements using a variety of proven business analysis methodologies
- Apply appropriate analytical methods and techniques, to shape and define business solutions (e.g. processes and operational changes), documenting them in accordance with agreed format and quality standards
- Document and articulate the impact of proposed solutions on benefits, costs and risks, in order to inform project and business decisions
- Work effectively with implementation partners to scope, implement, test and deploy solutions to business problems
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change
- Developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and end users to ensure involvement, engagement and buy-in throughout the programme of change
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training and reference material on the new processes and software systems
- Assist in the post go-live support of the systems and ongoing continual improvement
- Any other task that was reasonable and within the post holders capabilities
- Good standard of education or relevant experience
- Relevant degree or professional qualification
- Any relevant Business Analysis certifications eg CBAP, BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
- Business knowledge – broad awareness of all business functions
- Proven business analyst experience, working on large complex projects, with a track record of successful business change and improvement projects
- Complex stakeholder management experience, creating effective relationships
- Dealing with 3rd party providers and getting the best value from business systems
- Knowledge of business systems such as Salesforce CRM, HR and Financial packages
- Excellent oral and written communication and active listening skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Able to use different techniques to elicit and capture business requirements, understanding which are best suited to a particular need
- Being detailed orientated and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Organisational skills
- Cost benefit analysis
- Requirements engineering
- Process modelling
- General understanding of project methodologies and approaches.
- Innovative and critical thinker
- Relationship management