Westerton Crescent was opened in February 1995. It is purpose-built to provide accommodation for nine adults with a history of severe and enduring mental health problems. They may also have a physical disability and require daily support from the staff team to motivate, empower and promote their self-esteem, while maintaining as much of their independence as possible. We are now looking for a Waking Nights Support Worker to join our Team.
- Communicating effectively with individuals according to agreed standards and procedures, accessing and updating records in keeping with guidelines.
- Helping to provide a safe and protective environment by complying with health, safety, and security procedures, including medication, and reporting accidents/incidents when appropriate.
- Supporting service users in their daily living, according to their recognised and agreed needs, providing personal care where necessary, adhering to practices, which promote well-being, choice, and treating people with dignity and respect.
- Assisting service users in developing and maintaining social networks and relationships.
- Assisting and encouraging service users to develop skills and knowledge to live as independently as possible, if appropriate, with reference to the risk assessment process.
- Participating in the development, implementation and review of personal plans with service users.
- Supporting service users appropriately when they experience a significant life change or loss.
- Developing one’s knowledge and practice continuously through participation in training and development activities.
- Carrying out any other tasks from time to time, provided they are reasonable and within the postholder’s capabilities. i.e. cleaning tasks & possible food preparation
- Have awareness and work within internal control systems in your area to facilitate improvement in the quality of service provided.