We are currently recruiting a General Assistant whose role will be to offer domestic support to ensure our service environments are kept to a high standard of cleanliness. You will provide support and assistance in the kitchen and dining room and carry out housekeeping tasks. You should have some basic food preparation skills, a keen eye for detail and be comfortable carrying out routine procedures according to specified work standards.
This role is offered on a staff basis, working 23 hours.
Purpose of Job:
To carry out housekeeping and related tasks to identified standards so as to contribute towards the delivery of a quality service designed to meet the needs of service users.
- 1. Carrying out general housekeeping tasks, including basic food preparation if required, to agreed work schedules and quality standards so as to maintain effective service delivery.
- 2. Using and storing equipment, machinery and cleaning agents in a safe manner according to instructions and agreed procedures.
- 3. Communicating effectively with others in the workplace, providing written and verbal information when required according to agreed reporting procedures.
- 4. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with service users within agreed operational and organisational parameters.
- 5. Identifying and evaluating hazards and risks, in line with VSA’s Health and Safety policies and security procedures, to reduce the risk to self, service users and other staff members.
- 6. Assisting with dining room and kitchen duties as and when appropriate.
- 7. Carrying out any other duties which may be required from time to time provided the tasks are both reasonable and within the post-holder’s capabilities.
- 8. Have awareness and work within internal control systems in your area to facilitate improvement in the quality of service provided.
- Must be able to communicate in the workplace verbally and also by providing written information