VSA is a well-respected local social care charity, helping support the people of Aberdeen for over 150 years.
Our mission is to provide the best of care to enable the best of lives; supporting individuals and communities to fulfil their potential.
VSA provides vital support and services to people of all ages. At VSA we support a person’s physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing through a range of residential and outreach support services.
Working in social care is a hugely rewarding career, and you can help change the lives of vulnerable children and adults. At VSA, we are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team.
VSA currently have an exciting opportunity available to join our Westerton Crescent Service (Mental Health) as a Support/Care Worker based in Aberdeen. This will be a Part-time, Permanent position supporting the night time care of our residents and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
Hours: 17.5 hours per week average.
Rota: 4 week rolling rota – 10pm - 8am.
Salary/Rate: £11.10 per hour
We offer our Support/Care Workers fantastic benefits including:
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave
- Refer a friend programme-Receive £200 when you introduce a family member or friend to VSA,
- Investment in your personal development and career through our learning and development programmes,
- Gain recognised SCQF Qualifications
- Access to our employee discount scheme
Westerton Crescent was opened in February 1995. It is purpose-built to provide accommodation for nine adults with a history of severe and enduring mental health problems. They may also have a physical disability and require daily support from the staff team to motivate, empower and promote their self-esteem, while maintaining as much of their independence as possible.
About the role:
As a Support/Care Worker of this busy service you will be required to provide a quality service in order to meet the identified needs of service users, in line with specified VSA standards, policies, codes of practice and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities of our Support/Care Worker will include:
- Communicating effectively with individuals according to agreed standards and procedures, accessing and updating records in keeping with guidelines.
- Helping to provide a safe and protective environment by complying with health, safety, and security procedures, including medication, and reporting accidents/incidents when appropriate.
- Supporting service users in their daily living, according to their recognised and agreed needs, providing personal care where necessary, adhering to practices, which promote well-being, choice, and treating people with dignity and respect.
- Assisting service users in developing and maintaining social networks and relationships.
- Assisting and encouraging service users to develop skills and knowledge to live as independently as possible, if appropriate, with reference to the risk assessment process.
- Participating in the development, implementation and review of personal plans with service users.
- Supporting service users appropriately when they experience a significant life change or loss.
- Developing one’s knowledge and practice continuously through participation in training and development activities.
- Carrying out any other tasks from time to time, provided they are reasonable and within the postholders capabilities. i.e. cleaning tasks & possible food preparation.
- Have awareness and work within internal control systems in your area to facilitate improvement in the quality of service provided.
What we are looking for in our Support/Care Worker:
- Willingness and ability to achieve SCQF Level 6 in Social Services and Healthcare (or equivalent) as determined by VSA.
- Ability to communicate well verbally with individuals.
- Must have experience of working night shift preferably within a care environment and have some exposure of lone working.
If our Support/Care Worker role sounds like you, then click “Apply” below and start your career journey with VSA today!