VSA is a well-respected local social care charity, helping support the people of Aberdeen for over 150 years.
Our mission is to provide the best of care to enable the best of lives; supporting individuals and communities to fulfill their potential.
VSA provides vital support and services to people of all ages. At VSA we support a person’s physical, mental, emotional and social well-being through a range of residential and outreach support Services.
Working in social care is a hugely rewarding career, and you can help change the lives of vulnerable children and adults. At VSA, we are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team.
VSA have an exciting opportunity available to join Linn Moor as a Relief Support/Care Worker based in Peterculter, Aberdeen. This will be a relief/ part time position.
Linn Moor School and Campus provides specialist education and transitioning care for children and young people living with complex and additional support needs.
Hours: Relief/Ad-hoc Work
Rota: A variety of shifts including early, evening and weekend shifts. No night shift requirements.
Hourly Rate: £11.10 per hour
Location: Linn Moor Campus
- The Relief Support/Care Worker required to work across the care and education services at the school. Both services have core and specialised approaches that you will be required to follow as set out in VSA and Linn Moor policies and procedures and VSA, Linn Moor and regulated and statutory standards.
- Always work in a child centred way and contribute to the effective provision of a nurturing and positive culture that meets the care and educational needs of the children/young people.
- To be part of creating a happy, safe and caring team and environment which enables children/young people to learn new knowledge and skills and communicate with confidence.
- Work flexibly in care and education settings, recognising that a different skill set is required and appropriate in each to support the child/young person in their physical, psychological and emotional development.
- Recognise that children/young people have a legal right to an appropriate and well provided education commensurate with their developmental and communication needs and for growth that is flexible, nurturing and supportive.
- We expect the support/care worker to work under the direction of the teacher and develop knowledge of current Scottish educational policy frameworks including the Curriculum for Excellence, How Good is my School and specific documentation for ASN schools.
- We strive to meet these requirements in order to fulfill education standards.
- The support/care worker will understand and promote the principals of GIRFEC (Getting It Right For Every Child)
In order to facilitate the transport of staff to and from our Linn Moor campus, VSA operates a staff bus from the Aberdeen City Centre both in the morning, afternoon and evening.